Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Transition

I haven't published much on this blog, because, frankly, I got tired of thinking of legal related topics to write about. I am now retired and, except for a few wills and estates for family and close friends, I think it would be ducky to retire from the law as well. I know that some colleagues love the law and would continue to practice to their dying day. I like the law, find it fascinating, but also find it getting more and more complicated. So, since I have told my banjo buddies that my musical name should be Barrister Bill, I will use this blog to write primarily about my musical progress, mostly on the banjo, but also on the mandolin or any other acoustic instrument I might try. I am not going to even think about giving instructions. There are others who are much better at that than I. One in particular is Patrick Costello.

So, this will become, in effect, a diary of my progress and, hopefully, spur me on practice righteously. I do know that I must sing as I'm playing. In fact, I should first of all learn to sing the songs. The songs that I can play thus far, not really well, but I can recognize them are:

1.)  Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore
2.)  Skip to My Lou
3.)  Red River Valley
4.)  Bile Them Cabbage Down
5.)  Cripple Creek
6.)  Wildwood Flower
7.)  Gypsy Girl

I am currently working on Rosin the Beau and Spanish Fandango. So, we'll see how all of this goes.  

No comments: