Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My New Harp

My new C harp arrived in the mail today. It is a Marine Band Special 20, handmade in Germany by Hohner. I have another C harp and a G harp from Hohner, but they're made in China and they don't say "handmade," so I don't want to guess how they are made. I'm still awaiting two books from Amazon on playing the blues with it. I have never been much into blues, but I like some of the things I've heard played on the harmonica. So, now I am learning the banjo, mandolin and harmonica. It is said that the harmonica is an excellent tool to learn songs by ear and is recommended in playing the banjo. In fact, many banjo and guitar players use a  neck rack to hold the harmonica so they can play along with their stringed instrument. I don't know if I'll ever get  to that point in my musical ability, but I have a rack, so we'll see what happens

No comments: